UX/UI Designer – re-defining Fintech startup! – Bristol
This wonderful company is growing again, and we are helping them find a legendary UX/UI Designer!
They are a 3 year old startup making serious leverage in the Bristol FinTech scene, recently acquired by a very successful business and they are pipped for massive things – but forget everything you know or think about FinTech. Forget corporate or boring! They are going against the grain- here is no mega corp fluff here.
They are developing a next generation platform for investment businesses, who are pipped for huge things and have received investment from a well-known entrepreneur, and investors which believe in their mission, AND already valued over £10m!
They operate with a flat structure, there’s very little hierarchy and zero micro-management going on here. They are a super flexible bunch of humans, if the work is completed and to a good standard, you can get it done in any way you like.
They’re looking for an ambitious and talented UI/UX Designer to work closely with their Development team in creating a platform that is as easy to use as possible. They have started from scratch, developing a modern platform that is efficient as possible, so there’s loads to get stuck into and get your spin on things!
They’re looking for someone to join and take responsibility for promoting a data driven approach, to ensure the experience for each user is amazing. The role will evolve considerably as the platform grows and the service matures. But initially they’re looking for someone who is comfortable owning all elements of the design process up to handover to engineers, and onwards as you collaborate with the engineering team. Being able to work seamlessly with engineering teams, product stakeholder and senior management is an essential part of this role.
This is an end to end role, from working with the engineering and product teams to create prototypes and designed, assisting with storyboards, process flows, designing UI elements, evolving their approach to UX/UI, and getting involved with the User research!
Experience you’ll ideally need:
- A passion for user experience, product design and development
- Ability to get to grips with a complex problem domain and communicate complex problems clearly and concisely
- Good knowledge and experience of user interface design patterns
- Excellent visual design skills with a strong portfolio
- Expertise in appropriate tools like Figma, Sketch, or Illustrator
- An understanding of modern web and mobile technologies and frameworks
Experience in prototyping and designing for web and native platforms across multiple
- device types
- Comfortable engaging with external stakeholders and capable of executing quality user research
- A keenness to learn new approaches to your role and share your own knowledge with the team
Expect flexible/remote working, but ideally happy to work from their Bristol office once a week (or more if you prefer!) or so ?
You know what to do if this sounds up your street. Submit your CV and I’ll be in touch to discuss