Software Engineering Manager (hands off)
£85,000 – £95,000
Tech 4 Good
Remote (1 day per month office visit)
Working with one of my longest standing clients to hire a talented software engineering manager.
They are one of the UK’s ‘tech unicorns’ with 3 UK offices, as well as one in Europe. They are highly respected in the tech world as well as tech 4 good, out to make the world a better place. They are renowned for having a stella engineering culture and continue to thrive as a organisation.
This part of the business are completely re-writing and re-architecting their entire system, moving away from legacy, dated code and re-writing in across Node.js, .NET core and AWS. However this is a hands off role, whilst you won’t be writing code you should have a technical background to be able to contribute and guide technical discussions.
Note: you also don’t need to have experience in the stack listed as they are completely open as long as you have a solid technical background as an engineer before.
You will look after 2 engineering squads, with up to 10 direct reports in the UK and oversee up to 10 colleagues from a nearshore partner.
Building strong teams is a vitally important aspect of the role, so you’ll be heavily involved in recruitment, onboarding and personal development of engineers. They have a very strong engineering culture that’s all about empowerment and ownership: all to tackle one of the world’s greatest problems.
You’ll work closely with Product Managers to make sure they are balancing quality and flow with delivery of great products to customers. You will manage the delivery of all aspects of the platform from development, API design, unit testing, automated deployment, to coaching and mentoring other team members.
You will be joining a team passionate about developing a quality product following an agile development methodology. You will be encouraged to always be looking at the continuous improvement of our products, tools and processes, along with helping to guide the architectural direction of the new platform.
The Technical Director said to me, I want someone in this role who is passionate about delivery and people more so than anything else! If that’s you plus the below please get in touch.
- You’re passionate about nurturing engineering talent, encouraging their development, and also ensuring everyone is aligned with product delivery objectives
- You are genuinely excited about developing products that will positively impact over a million people and also our environment
- You have experience working with high performing engineering teams who have a strong sense of autonomy in their technical decision making
- You use your influence and stakeholder management skills to have wide-reaching impact
- You love building scalable, resilient products
- You seek learning opportunities to deepen your expertise or broaden your knowledge.
Salary between £72,000 – £95,000 + annual bonus, flexible benefits, 5% matches pension, flexible working and remote working options. One day a month in the office for management day.
Please get in touch to find out more.