Engineering Manager – Bristol/Remote
SR2 have partnered with the brilliant team at Immersive Labs to support their growth throughout the rest of 2021. I’m super excited to be kicking things off with hiring for a new Engineering Manager to join the team. This is a growth role and will be working alongside 4 other brilliant engineering managers in Bristol.
You’ll be part of a progressive, open and productive workplace, where different opinions and beliefs are valued.
They strive to continuously improve on who they are and what they do.
They’re all about agility, and always look for flexible, innovative responses to change.
About Immersive Labs:
Immersive Labs are the cyber skill experts. We equip, measure and benchmark the cyber skills of entire workforces, preparing organizations to counter the latest cyber threats. Our game-changing platform transforms the way people learn by engaging their curiosity and unleashing their potential with content informed by real-world events and threats.
Where we are now
Immersive Labs was founded in 2017. Since then we’ve grown to over 180 employees in our Bristol HQ and announced funding of more than $45 million. Our technology is already helping over 200 enterprises, including security teams at KPMG, Sophos and the NHS, while around 2,500 labs are completed every single day.
We encourage people of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you and do your very best work.
We’ve grown at such a pace, and that doesn’t appear to be changing any time soon. We want to be THE place to go for cybersecurity learning. This role will contribute massively towards this future success, not just of our products but of our engineering teams. You could be instrumental shaping a team of Immersers future careers, and that’s a pretty impressive legacy to leave behind.
Your main responsibilities:
- Leadership of an Engineering team as part of the platform delivery
- Accountable for the delivery of reliable, scalable, secure code within the production environment that adheres to our coding standards and quality expectations
- Involved in team strategy, including onboarding of new hires, objectives, training programs, personal development matrix, and identification of skills gaps
- Work closely with the people team to ensure we recruit the best possible talent to create high-performing teams
- Coaching and mentoring the team to support their personal development and linking into team strategy
- Working with team members to create a high performance culture and ensuring a continuous improvement mindset
- Communicating company direction to the team
- Protecting the team from unnecessary business objectives and ensure business critical activities are maintained
To be successful:
- You may have got the gist from above, but leadership is crucial to this role and therefore you will be able to demonstrate experience and a passion for leading people to continuously improve
- You will love seeing others achieve and deliver on their objectives
- You will have solid engineering experience in software development
- You will be familiar with agile methodologies
- You are a natural communicator and approachable
What Immersive Labs offers:
As well as an inclusive, supportive place for you to be you. We offer an extensive range of benefits so you can do your very best work:
- Time off, flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, birthday, and a 4 year sabbatical.
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more.
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Recognition & Rewards for doing great work and living our values and behaviours
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms.
- When you do visit the UK hub getting there is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike