Software Development Manager (hands off)
£65,000 – £75,000
Bath (2 days in office, 3 days remote)
If you are a Senior or Lead Engineer looking to step into a management role or a manager looking to make a move then keep on reading.
This is a brand new role for this company, they have toyed with the idea of having this role for the past couple of years but now would like to bring in a dedicated development manager for the team to support the professional and personal development of the existing/growing tech team.
Last year they hired a test manager, and have recently promoted one of their senior engineers into an Architect role which leaves the need for a manager for the team. They have been working on a greenfield project for the financial services industry which is well underway. As a business they have a solid reputation in their space, and have navigated well over the past 18 months and continuing to see a lot of success in their space and help their clients improve their online services.
You will join a successful, relaxed, and friendly team, and be involved in all aspects of the development cycle through software design and build, to helping clients with system deployment. Whilst you won’t be doing any day to day coding you should be comfortable with their tech stack, completing code reviews and supporting engineers with their development.
Your day to day will include:
- Oversee all software development activities.
- Recruit, mentor and develop staff to help them reach their full potential
- Work with product managers to shape product roadmaps
- Work with software architects to agree technical designs
- Monitor and improve productivity whilst maintaining the highest levels of quality
- Take ownership of supporting processes, development tools and relationships with technology suppliers
We are looking for candidates with:
- A background in software development with an excellent grasp of a wide range of technologies, methodologies, and tools
- A successful track record of leading people and/or a development team (the team will be 9 people)
- The drive and personality to shape, grow and inspire a talented team of engineers
- Experience of setting up development tools ideally including Jira, Confluence and Bamboo
Bens: Cracking team, hybrid way of working – when restrictions end. This will look like 2 days in office and 3 days at home. 25 days holiday, annual bonus, salary review, 8% pension, priv medical. And they donate 2% of their profits every year to charity, another reason why we are working with them.
Sound good, let’s chat further.