Senior Software Engineer (Node/Python/Java)
Developing live streaming of HD cameras from over 700 locations across the world!
Salary range: £40,000 – £55,000
Fully remote working
This company is seriously dreamy.
Some reasons why…
- Work/life balance is at the top of their priorities – you can pretty much get your hours in however/whenever suits you.
- They have recently introduced a brand-new benefit that allows employees to work anywhere in the world (that legally permits you too + when Covid-19 restrictions are lifted obviously) – if you fancy living in Australia for a year, you can take your work with you.
- When the surf + weather is good, most people clock off, leave the office, and hit the waves!
- They’re passionate about Diversity, and have a culture that is very inclusive of different lifestyles & communities.
You might be thinking it’s all too good to be true… but it’s not, they’re a legit company and this is an awesome opportunity to join them for a very unique role in the business.
Their users have a passion for the Ocean, so they are creating some very cool products that are connecting them with what they love. Such as an App that allows you to check the surf forecast for beaches all over the world, giving people personalised insights to fishing, boating, surfing etc.
It’s a role for a Senior Software engineer to develop live streaming of HD quality ocean facing cameras across the globe. Building a Machine Learning pipeline to analyse live cameras and create special data for their users.
You’ll work in a small team with 5 engineers and a product manager working on the development of live video and data streaming products that are helping to connect users with the Ocean. Designing, developing, and deploying the products working very closely with Data Scientists to scale Machine learning based video analysis – sounds cool right?!
Skills + experience needed:
- Experience with Python/Node/Java (ideally Python or Node as most of the work you’ll be doing is with that)
- AWS experience is essential.
- Experience designing software that can scale.
- Working with CI/CD in an Agile team.
Highly desirable + will benefit you a lot:
- Experience with live streaming & video streaming technologies
- Experience delivering Machine Learning models
Please get in touch with Steph Jackson at SR2 for more details, it’s a pretty unique opportunity and they’re willing to upskill someone with the video streaming experience if it’s something you’d like to do.