Mid-Senior PHP Developer | Symfony | APIs
If you are a PHP Developer and problem solving, outside the box thinking and experience working on the build of complex systems all form part of your repertoire then this might be for you…
They are essentially a product focused Healthcare SAAS company with a large multi-faceted platform that helps their clients be more efficient. What sets them apart is their approach to their work – they don’t rush features, or rush to add features. They are considered in their approach and as a result their developers life a relatively stress free life 🙂
The culture is, in my opinion, fantastic – The reason I know this… I’ve placed half a dozen devs, PMs etc with this company, all of whom are still there. Also when I went to meet them all recently I was met with a sea of smiles. The manager is pragmatic, fair, flexible and in my opinion just an all-around legend. They benefit from flexi working (can be remote), R&D time for innovation projects, on the job learning opportunities in abundance, a health plan (dental, medical, counselling), enhanced maternity/paternity leave, top of the range kit, wellbeing options and the warm fuzzy feeling you get when you know you’re effectively using your skills for the good of many.
Salary to £52,000 for this position
More about the Role
Effectively, as part of the dev team you’ll build a headless Symfony based system which is replacing an existing, less modern codebase.
What you’ll do:
“You’ll be responsible for working on the evolution of the platform, adding well thought out features and improving the functionality and performance of the software.’
- Write quality code – This is a company who care more about quality than churn
- Leave code better than you found it (and fully commented)
- Test code (client or server-side)
- Take ownership of projects | Present your proposed solutions to the wider team and to non-techies
- Love problem solving – proactive approach to solving problems
- Have a desire to learn and grow – Use dedicated R&D time to test and critically review open-source frameworks and technologies
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Significant experience working with PHP – Naturally Symfony experience is preferable although that’s not to say other frameworks won’t be considered!
- Experience developing and integrating APIs
- Database knowledge
- Linux knowledge – you don’t need to be a devops engineer but command line and knowledge of tooling would be helpful
- Any refactoring experience
- GIT (Obvs)
Apply now for immediate consideration!