If being part of a leading international scale-up within the music and arts industry sounds like a little bit of you, look no further!
With their international growth plans already well under way, this world leading creative arts facilitator have some exciting plans to continue their global expansion and continue to be one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies. They’ve got millions behind them (15 million to be exact) and the creativity and tech have always been paramount to their mission of empowering artists and creators to excel and succeed. Combine those things together and you’ve got a seriously exciting opportunity for a Senior Front End Developer.
Who are you?
You will take pride in collaborating to deliver a world-class product. Your role is pivotal within the business as you will be heavily involved with the design, development and maintenance of the digital products including a brand new in-house built booking system, IoT services that control aspects of the spaces remotely and locally, an audio and video live streaming service, an online community and some other secrets in the pipeline… it’s a pretty impressive setup!
The key to the future success of this company rests on the synonymous evolution of the tech and product which, in turn, has paved the way for this high impact role that will evolve in to shaping and leading the Front End. You will be responsible for the way the products look, feel, interact and empower the community of artists.
You’ll need to be:
- Produce tested, readable, scalable code
- Provide support and mentorship to more junior developers
- Ensure we apply the relevant best practice front-end standards across our digital products
- Work within a product-driven team, following Agile (Scrum) methodologies
- Actively and constructively participate in the continuous improvement of our technology and processes
- Ensure knowledge is documented and shared with the team as code is released
- Where reasonable, and only in exceptional circumstances, work with teammates to provide out-of-hours support
The tech stack
The tech stack is one of the most exciting I’ve seen. It’s more than is required for your usual websites and booking systems; it includes IoT devices, physical hardware integrations and more. Below is some of what’s included in their tools to get things done (you don’t need to be an expert in all of them):
- Gatsby JS
- Circle CI
- Solid professional programming experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear understanding of front-end architecture. E.g. What good component design looks like, how to manage data, API integration, and scalability concerns
- Experience mentoring more junior developers
- Able to self-manage; comfortable acting autonomously but happy asking for support
- A TDD mindset
What’s in it for you?
The biggest benefit of all is to be part of this hugely exciting team and company as they continue to dominate their market, on a global scale. You’ll collaborate with all departments and be part of the long term vision to scale further.
They also pay competitive salaries, offer flexible and some remote working, staff discounts, cycle to work scheme, training budget, share options for high performers and some other bits.
The role will be Central Bristol based with a couple of days in the office required but for the time being, everyone is working fully remotely.