React Native Engineer – 6 months – Outside IR35
If you are ready to deep dive into start-up life there really isn’t a better one out there at the moment. SR2 have exclusivity partnered with this business and we love it! Could they be the next twitch…. come find out!
A bit about them firstly: Founded in May 2020, their mission is to create a world where everyone can explore new places and meet new people, from anywhere. We all want to connect with others and with so many forces driving the world apart, they want to be a force that brings the world closer together. Their live-streamed tours allow people from around the world to connect and interact with locals in a meaningful way.
The platform: Guides broadcast themselves live from their phone as they walk around a place. It could be St Mark’s Square, Yellowstone National Park or the streets of Barcelona.
Users are able to join for free, see the guide’s video in full screen, ask questions and chat with other users, see where they are by following the guide on a map and show their appreciation with a tip.
They are now operating in over 180 cities and have thousands of people participating on our tours every week. – Currently have 50,000+ users and it’s growing daily, it’s absolutely bonkers to be honest!
Fast forward to today, we have helped hired 3 Senior/Lead Engineers, a Junior Front End developer and a very experienced Product Manager, data analysts and designer for the team. They also have a strong senior and management team, in total now a team of 40.
I honestly don’t think they expected the success they have had, and it definitely isn’t slowing down.
With more users than I think they know what to do with, growing by hundreds every day the team have just secured £20mil of investment, with now 3/4 solid years runway we are hiring for Tribe 3.
This role is for their first Mobile Developer, you will own mobile, build it, create it, make it EPIC!
- You’ll work in a cross-functional squad with a designer, product manager and other engineers.
- Write React Native code and build mobile apps for iOS and Android to solve user problems and needs
- Help raise the bar for engineering. Every engineer has a crucial role to play in improving their craft, whether it’s code review, constructive feedback or leading initiatives to further your teammates’ knowledge.
- Work in a face-paced environment where you’ll ship code and iterate frequently.
- Trust me when I say you’ll work with some legends. I’ve placed most of them ;p – the Engineering Manager even said I have never worked with a team or in a company where every week in their engineering deep dive meeting they have more topics then they can keep up with, it’s never ending things to discuss, create and innovate!
We are looking for someone with:
- Have 2+ years experience building mobile apps using React Native.
- Have 5+ years experience with either iOS or Android development.
- You’ve shipped and iterated on at least one app that was deployed to the Play Store and the App Store.
- You enjoy working on early-stage projects and turning ideas into reality.
- You love transforming beautiful designs into carefully crafted mobile experiences.
- You have an understanding of the principles of computer science.
They are a true remote company.. They don’t have an office
Sounds great right? It really is. They move quick