Machine Learning & Computer Vision Researcher
£70,000 – £110,000
SR2 are partnered with a super exciting Health-Tech Start-up that will be making some waves in the scene over the coming years. They have been operating for 18 months and are already profitable. With plans to triple headcount and revenue over the next 2-3 years there couldn’t be a better time to join. Share scheme I hear you ask? Absolutely!!
I am looking for a Machine Learning & Computer Vision Researcher who can utilise collected data to help inform clinical decisions. Exciting stuff! This companies’ tech is already being used by multiple NHS Trusts to capture surgical wound images after a patient is discharged from hospital. You will define and build the data pipeline and models to automatically detect these signs of infection which will enable patients to stay safe at home after surgery. You will be working directly with the Engineering team and Founders to ensure your professional development is moving in the right direction! This position will see you become the first in a growing ML team which brings a huge amount of autonomy and freedom to scope the strategy for ML going forwards.
Start-ups aren’t for everyone, there’s no doubt you will face elements of uncertainty and growing pains, but on the flip-side, it brings growth opportunities like anywhere else. Below is what you can expect your first 12 months to look like.
- You will be working in a cross-functional team tasked with designing, building, testing and shipping products to identify patient ill-health and deterioration.
- Working with the Product team to research and develop Machine Learning models
- Design and implement pre-processing steps around digital imaging.
- Defining the use cases most applicable to Machine Learning.
- Provide technical guidance, advice, and support to the engineering team.
What do you need to be successful in this role?
- Strong knowledge and commercial experience with Python.
- Experience with DS libraries and frameworks such as Pillow, Numpy, PyAV, Keras, Tensorflow, Scikit Learn.
- Experience developing, deploying, and operating Machine Learning models in production.
- Capable of testing frameworks, e.g. PyTest.
- Experience with dependency management tools such as Conda, Pipeny, Pip, & Poetry.
If this sounds like a bit of you then hit that apply button and get your CV over!