Lead Software Engineer
Developing live streaming of HD cameras from over 700 locations across the world!
Salary range: £85 – £100k
Fully remote working OR based on South Coast.
This company is seriously dreamy.
Some reasons why…
- Work/life balance is at the top of their priorities – you can pretty much get your hours in however/whenever suits you.
- Genuinely lovely people, you would be working with a supportive team who encourage you to become the best you can be.
- They have a passion for the ocean, creating highly unique products that are loved by over 4 million users worldwide.
- They have recently introduced a brand-new benefit that allows employees to ‘work anywhere in the world’ (that legally permits you too) – if you fancy living in Australia for a year, you can take your work with you.
- They are passionate about Diversity and have a culture that is very inclusive of different lifestyles & communities.
You might be thinking it all sounds too good to be true… but it is not, they’re a legit company and this is an awesome opportunity to join them for a very unique role in the business.
Their users have a passion for the Ocean, so they are creating some very cool products that are connecting them with what they love. Such as an App that allows you to check the surf forecast for beaches all over the world, giving people personalised insights to fishing, boating, surfing etc.
We’re looking for a highly experienced Lead Engineer, someone with confidence in executing complex technical initiatives with some proven leadership experience.
Your daily responsibilities will include leading 5 software engineers and a product manager, working on the development of live video and data streaming products that are helping to connect users with the Ocean.
You’ll be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying the products whilst working very closely with Data Scientists to scale Machine learning based video analysis.
Leading a team of 5 software engineers and a product manager through the development of their products, setting technical direction and inspiring your team with a strong vision.
The main product you will be working on is the development of live streaming HD quality ocean facing cameras across the globe. Building a Machine Learning pipeline to analyse live cameras and create special data for their users.
Essential Skills + Experience:
- Significant production experience with at least one of their core languages: Java, Python or Node.
- Highly exprerienced and confident in your ability to develop and deliver end-to-end services using the AWS platform (or transferable).
- Experience designing software that and scale and have high availability.
- Working with CI/CD in an Agile team.
- Proven leadership experience, the ability to lead, mentor and inspire your team.
Highly desirable + will benefit you a lot:
- Experience with live streaming & video streaming technologies
- Experience delivering Machine Learning models
- Flexible working hours (choose your own hours)
- ‘Work from anywhere’ a new company benefit that allows you to work abroad.
- Holiday allowance of 34 days (25 days + 8 bank holidays + the day off for your birthday)
- Competitive salaries
- They have a wonderful, inclusive company culture and even have a ‘Culture Committee’ where they often arrange team bonding events, have Summer parties, Christmas parties – In their Devon office (as it’s near the beach) there are times where if the Surf is good the team will take the afternoon off to go surfing, sounds so fun!
Please get in touch with Steph Jackson at SR2 for more details, it’s a pretty unique opportunity and they really are such a lovely bunch of people.