Have you ever wondered how movies get on screen? From cinema to streaming, the brilliant bunch are the world’s leading provider of services to the major film studios of Hollywood and broadcasters and studios around the world. They are at the forefront of supporting and developing new technologies and workflows in the fast-changing technical landscape of Cinema and streaming platforms.
They works continually with others to develop and standardize new formats and capabilities, such as high frame rate, high dynamic range and immersive audio. They have led the way in Hollywood for over 100 years and continues to be the industry leader in pioneering new formats, creating next gen media standards and building cutting edge delivery systems.
Our good friends we’re acquired last year and the new owners of the company have invested to create a brand new R&D team for some exciting new projects for the industry. To this end, we are looking for senior lead engineers to help build the next generation in theatrical mastering and distribution automation. From advanced, high end and responsive web applications to event driven microservices, this evolution of our AWS hosted platform will enable its customers better master, package and distribute movies around the world.
The key initiatives include:
* Smart React front ends for global order management
* Event driven microservices for the distribution of content via broadband, satellite and physical hard drives
* Formation of Cinema’s data lake for greater business intelligence and analytic capabilities
This new R&D team will consist of 9 people, one of the roles being a Lead Full Stack Engineer – We are looking for folk who have the drive and desire to ‘make things’ and a hunger to learn and solve problems.
Where you will be:
- Contributing to cutting-edge R&D initiatives including service integration with emerging frameworks and platforms
- Assisting with technical resolution of issues on mission critical production systems (you build it, you own it, you run it)
- Thinking out of the box to come up with solutions that scale, are fault-tolerant, easy to grasp and elegant.
What You Bring (This is just a high level overview, you DO NOT need everything listed)
- Highly adept in UX Development
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS3, SASS and Jquery
- Experience with PYTHON and REACT
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs using Ajax and manipulating data and DOM elements to create dynamic one page web applications.
- Experience with NODE and socket communication
- Deep understanding of web application best practices and git development flow
- Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and scalable application design
- Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on – completes tasks quickly and thoroughly.
More about the company: Whilst the company employee over 3500 staff worldwide, this will very much be a start-up within the company. Working with 4 people who are already in the UK. You will have full autonomy and support. You will be employed on a fully remote basis, where you can work the hours you want – if you are a morning person or evening, they are happy to support what works for you.
Note: For your first couple of weeks you will need to be available at 7pm at night to take some calls from the team in the US. And then there will be a weekly call after that around 6pm.
Salary up to £100,000, with prv medical, pension + more.
If you would like to find out moe about this incredible opportunity press apply today!