Lead Frontend Engineer- Working with Hollywood studios on something new for the streaming, cinema and TV world!
Fully Remote (UK only)
£80,000 – £100,000
Greenfield R&D Projects.
Our good friends were acquired last year and the new owners of the company have invested to created a brand new R&D team for some exciting new projects for the industry. The company are global partners to leading content creators and distributors. Through smarter work streams, the best talent and scaled technology across the world, they ensure creative visions get to everyone who wants to see them.
The company provide innovative, secure distribution and localization services for studios, OTT platforms and content creators worldwide. Their cloud-based solution, offers unprecedented flexibility and reach through its customizable, end-to-end solutions that enable customers to create, transform, and distribute content and immersive streaming experiences to audiences on a global scale.
This new R&D team will consist of 9 people, including a Lead Frontend Engineer, someone skilled in UX Development, Django framework, and React! We are looking for folk who have the drive and desire to ‘make things’ and a hunger to learn and solve problems.
You will design, develop, and architect services for their media platform, in addition to:
- Working with their team of excellent engineers as they continue to develop their innovative products, ensuring the software running on our systems performs excellently.
- Apply a solid technical understanding to development problems in a team context.
- Help set realistic and achievable timescales for technical development work.
- Ensure that their solutions are technically fit for purpose.
- Contribute to their software and hardware design and implementation.
What You Bring (This is just a high level overview, you DO NOT need everything listed)
- Highly adept in UX Development
- Skilled in the Django Framework
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS3, SASS and Jquery
- Experience with REACT
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs using Ajax and manipulating data and DOM elements to create dynamic one page web applications.
- Experience with NODE and socket communication
- Deep understanding of web application best practices and git development flow
- Excellent communicator who is passionate about quality, supportability, extensibility, and scalable application design
- Focused, dependable, detail-oriented and hands-on – completes tasks quickly and thoroughly.
- Excellent work ethics and communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
More about the company: Whilst the company employee over 3500 staff worldwide, this will very much be a start up within the company. Working with 4 people who are already in the UK. You will have full autonomy and support. You will be employed on a fully remote basis, where you can work the hours you want – if you are a morning person or evening, they are happy to support what works for you. Note: For your first couple of weeks you will need to be available at 7pm at night to take some calls from the team in the US. And then there will be a weekly call after that around 6pm.
Salary up to £100,000, with prv medical, pension + more.