Lead Android Engineer / Tech Lead (Fully Remote)
Salary Range: £65,000 – £90,000
Creating Android Apps for Surfers all around the world ?♂️
Are you an Android enthusiast & a passionate leader?
Do you enjoy leading a team of engineers through choppy waters and setting a strong influence and technical direction?
Enjoy working on native mobile application written in Kotlin and leveraging TDD?
I couldn’t speak highly enough about the culture that this company have, everyone working there seems to be very passionate about the products they are working on and genuinely enjoy working with each other. They offer totally flexible working hours, but when it’s on… they are on it!
If you’re looking for a company that will fully support your work/life balance, understand that family comes first, and school pick-ups take priority! Not only that, but they are also the sorts of people who enjoy travelling and enriching yourself with experienced so they even allow you to ‘work from anywhere’ which means you can go travel & live abroad whilst still working for them!
I get you might be thinking… “yeah right!” and it might sound too good to be true, but it’s not. They trust their team and offer full autonomy for you to get your job done and that has helped them to attract some extremely talented engineers and produce fantastic products for their customers.
The role & what you’ll be doing…
I’m looking for a highly experienced, passionate Android Developer to join a unique business who are connecting over 4 million monthly users to the Ocean with a range of exciting products. They have various areas of their business that focus on different products for Surfers, Sailors, and fisherman – if you love the Ocean & the great outdoors then you will absolutely love working for these folks!
This is a role for a ‘Lead’ as you’ll be taking full ownership of all their Android apps and setting the technical and cultural direction for the team. Your main responsibilities will be to encourage a test-driven culture, manage tech debt and improve the performance and efficiency of their various apps.
They have various teams across the business such as Product, UX and Engineering that you’ll be collaborating with to create game changing features and working on new products too.
Your daily activities will include…
- You’ll be a hugely positive influence for the Android team, encouraging and motivating your team, helping to bring the best out of everyone.
- Setting the technical direction for all Android apps & owning the technical aspects of the roadmap.
- You’ll be hands on with designing, developing, and deploying features written in Kotlin.
- Responsible for ensuring your team is writing clean, fast, testable code.
- Keeping your eyes on getting rid of tech debt.
- My client will consider a very strong Senior Android Developer who is looking to move into a ‘Lead’ role or someone who is already a Lead for the position.
- Proven experience developing consumer-facing Android apps using Kotlin, Java and various Android frameworks.
- Experience working within a modularized app environment.
- A strong knowledge & understanding of the Android SDKs
- An advocate for TDD
- Experience of mentoring and/or leading development teams.
The interview process will include: A first stage introduction call to the company, followed by a technical screening and if you are success, you will be invited to a final stage panel interview. They can move as quickly as you apply!
Please get in touch with me today or apply directly so I can get in touch with more details. Any questions, please contact Steph Jackson as SR2.