Java Developer – Up to £55K – 2 days remote
Let’s face it, since the pandemic we’ve all had more time to reflect on what makes us happy, and I mean, really happy in our jobs. For some, it’s all about the money – we’re only human, right? For others, it’s the satisfaction of making a positive impact or “doing good” – always nice to hear! Perhaps it’s just a healthy work-life balance, being able to revolve your life around work instead of the other way round.
Luckily, we’re working with a company that is offering all of the above, and more.
Who are they?
- A not-for-profit organisation that is on a mission to improve patient treatment options through research.
- This team mainly works across immunology and molecular biology. Combining theory, experiments, and mathematical modelling.
- This small group of researchers are tackling some of the biggest mysteries and carrying out in-depth and thorough research to find the answers.
What’s the role?
- They’re looking for a superstar Java coder who will join their team to help develop and maintain their suite of Java based DNA tools. You’ll also be working on improving their existing in-house software such as web applications etc.
- You’ll also be working on the UI for their web-based apps using React.
- Java, React, and AWS and ideally have some sort of familiarity with biological sciences but this isn’t a necessity!
- Experience with Bash scripting.
- This role is perfect for someone who wants to be a part of something completely different, something that is making a genuine positive impact on patient treatment for the future.
- Someone who enjoys working on complex but rewarding projects!
- You’ll be communicating with senior stakeholders – so this is great for someone who can communicate really well and get their point across clearly.
What else you got?
- 38 days holiday including bank holidays.
- 9% non-contributory scheme.
- Really flexible working hours and you’ll only have to pop into the office a few days a week post-Covid.
- Private health-care, life assurance, etc.
If this sounds of interest, please hit apply!