Infrastructure Engineer/Junior DevOps | Azure, Windows, Powershell, Hyper V, Docker, Kubernetes | Bristol, Gloucester or remote | Up to £30,000
Are you a Support or Infrastructure Engineer wanting to get hands on with modern cloud and DevOps technologies? Are you looking for a role with the flexibility to be remote, and the opportunity to move into a DevOps focused role? Perhaps you are a 1st or 2nd line support Engineer with your sights set on a career as a SRE, Cloud Engineer or DevOps Specialist? If so, this could be the opportunity you have been looking for.
I am working with a long established and highly successful software company who work with some of the largest retailers in the UK, Europe and Australia. Over the past 20 years they have built up a fantastic reputation for building quality solutions that cater for everything from logistics to sustainability.
They are going through a strong period of growth and are looking for driven Engineers to join their Infrastructure Team. You’ll be actively participating in projects across the Infrastructure and DevOps spaces, as well as supporting the day to day business, focusing on automation, continual improvement and
Day to day you might find yourself:
- Supporting and maintaining infrastructure, ensuring the security, resilience and reliability of their hosting platforms.
- Acting as an escalation point for product support teams in troubleshooting hosted application issues.
- Supporting the business needs with a focus on automation
- Participating in hack days to experiment with new technologies, with an emphasis on learning and development.
Why will you love this job?
- First and foremost, this is an excellent opportunity to get hands on with technologies such as Azure, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and a raft for CI/CD tools.
- You have the option to work in their offices in Bristol or Gloucester, or be fully remote with the occasional onsite visit.
- Amazing support from the wider Infrastructure team, who will prioritise your development, means this is an excellent opportunity to take that next step to being a DevOps or Cloud Engineer
What will you need to succeed?
Although they are very happy to fill in any gaps you may have, they will need you to have at least a year or two commercial experience in production environment, preferably Windows, with a good understanding of networking fundamentals.
If you have any further experience in ANY of the following (even if it is home study, personal development or experimentation), that will be very beneficial:
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform or ARM)
- Virtualization (Hyper-v, VMM)
- Containerisation (Docker, Kubernetes)
If you’re looking for an excellnet opporutnity to take a big step in your career, this is it. Hit apply or give Alex at SR2 a call on 0117 403 6372 for more info.