Head of Engineering- Cardiff/Remote – Up to £100K
- Brand new position for the business!
- Strategy, Leadership, Delivery.
About company and culture;
- An established tech company who no doubt you’ve come across before!
- A fantastic, ambitious, and driven team of people who are constantly evolving and thinking of new ways to innovate.
- A great culture – their employee’s health and wellbeing is paramount and their benefits/ways of working is a true reflection of that.
- Lots of charity work to get involved in, training and development opportunities for everyone within the business, etc.
- Loads of plans from the newly appointed CTO including getting involved in the South Wales Meetup space, Codebar, and other events!
About the role;
- A brand-new role for the business, an opportunity to shape the future of their engineering and tech team – an amazing role for someone who wants to make a genuine impact.
- You’ll be expected to mature and grow out their engineering verticals, improve delivery, scale and drive the strategic direction of their products and services.
- You’ll also be managing their quite large team of developers and testers (approx. 40 people) with the help of their Engineering Manager and CTO.
- This company is going through a massive digital transformation and even a rebrand is on the horizon – so you’ll need to be adaptable and okay with change.
- There will be an expectation for you to provide ongoing feedback to members of your team, as well.
- The business is tech-agnostic – they use the right tech for the role so it doesn’t matter too much about skill-set.
- You’ll be a proven leader – we need someone who genuinely cares about the future of the company, their team, and supporting the CTO and Engineering Manager.
- A great communicator – this is key!
- Happy to manage and deliver solutions through the whole SDLC and always striving and thinking ahead to improve standards and processes.
- You care about impact and love a challenge.
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank hols and an extra volunteering day off.
- Flexible working hours (no core hours!)
- Life assurance, healthcare scheme (employee assistance programme, gym discounts, claim back dental, optical etc.)
- Good pension scheme, free parking on site.
- Remote working is fine – ideally, you’ll be in commutable distance to Cardiff and pop in once a week.