Head of DevOps |AWS, Linux, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes | Up to £80,000
I have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced DevOps Lead to join one of our long standing and most exciting clients.
This innovative FinTech start-up have developed a product that is simple but fantastically effective and unique. It was founded by a couple of entrepreneurs who had a shared vision to create something that would have a positive social impact. They have recently doubled in size, have taken the UK by storm, and are now in over 40 US states.
With a big focus on scaling up, they are looking to bring on an experienced and motivated Head of DevOps to oversee all things IT. You’ll be working closely with the CTO and Head of Engineering to define the IT strategy, manage their AWS infrastructure and ensure robust DevOps practises.
This is a very hands on role and your main responsibilities will be:
- Lead the IT infrastructure and operations organisation globally.
- Manage the AWS and cloud infrastructure.
- Identify gaps, bottlenecks and areas for improvement in their infrastructure and deployment processes and implement suitable solutions
- Manage the hand off between development and operations
- Work closely with the CISO on key security related issues
- Design and Implement a solid disaster recovery strategy
- Oversee the monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and administration of all IT systems
- Develop robust monitoring processes to catch problems before they become problems.
What’s in it for you?
All their team are fully remote at the moment, but do have meet-ups in Bristol should you want to see a few faces from time to time. There will be an office again in Bristol in the near future, and the preference is that you are commutable distance away, and are able to visit every so often. You’ll be joining a team that are super passionate about what they do. You’ll see why when you find out what they have made and how it is helping people. You’ll receive 25 days holiday plus days off for your Birthday and Christmas, a solid bonus, and even a learning fund to go towards ongoing personal development, all on top of a competitive salary and pension.
Would do you need to succeed?
This is a great opportunity for someone with strong background in DevOps, infrastructure management and systems admin, who is looking to continue their management career, or even take that step up in responsibility, in a company with excellent career progression prospects.
Tech wise, it would be good if you had:
- Strong AWS experience
- A passion for Infrastructure as Code, in particular Terraform
- Demonstrable DevOps experience and success in enabling CI/CD
- Experience with enterprise monitoring and reporting tools.
- A knack for working with remote and off shore teams
Their techstack is: AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Bitbucket Pipelines
Give me a shout on 0117 403 6372 for more details, or apply with your CV for an immediate interview.