Head of Architecture | Fully Remote | Award-winning Fintech Scale-up
Salary to £110k + Pension, Bonus, Learning Fund, 25 days holiday increasing
- Brand new opening in the business driven by expansion to overseas markets
- Opportunity to architect high traffic systems for good – this multiple award-winning Fintech have a product offering that helps people
- Work with some truly inspirational individuals in the UK and overseas
SR2 are exclusively partnered with a highly ambitious fintech scale-up who have who have built a consumer focussed product which is helping hundreds of thousands of people become credit worthy.
Their product to date has already helped over 100,000 people improve their financial future and unsurprisingly they have won a myriad of awards and established partnerships with a number of major financial institutions.
After building a solid presence and user base in the UK they’ve recently launched across the pond however their work is far from done – they are looking for a Head of Architecture to join them on their global scale up journey, breaking into Europe and beyond.
As Head of Architecture you will work closely with the product teams to spearhead technical architecture, mustering up innovative ideas and designing a technical roadmap to define how they will come to fruition. It goes without saying they want to build a platform that is easy to maintain, is scalable, that doesn’t fall over and is secure.
This is very much a ‘in the thick of it’ hands-on role where you’ll be building a cloud-based architecture function that is best in class.
Experience they are looking for:
- The ideal person will have ‘been there and done it’ – with 5+ years’ experience in an architecture position (they’re not hung up on titles though)
- Naturally any experience in the Fintech or Financial Services space will help as you’ll likely have a better understanding of security, regulation and data control
- You’ll have a penchant for PHP
- Good understanding of cloud services
- You’ll be pragmatic – they don’t want someone who says “this can’t be done” but rather focuses on what can be done
- Naturally you’ll have your finger on the pulse in respect of trends within development, cutting edge tooling and impactful methodologies
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who thrives in a scale-up environment and enjoys rolling up their sleeves and getting stuck in.
If you’d like some more information on this unique opportunity where you will be making a real difference hit apply today!
Working arrangements – The team are distributed with most of them being around the South-West and South-Wales. They are remote first although will have the occasional social or meeting. If you enjoy life in an office they can make arrangements for hotdesking in your location.