Cyber Security focused business
- Chance to work for a pioneering organisation in the Cyber Security space
- Salary negotiable on experience (up to 70k)
- 100% Remote working (although you need to be UK based)
- People focused culture – you’ll know it when you speak with them
- Benefits including 28 days holiday + bank hols, private health, pension, away days, flexi working and of course remote working
No-one wants their personal details leaked, no company wants to get that dreaded call in the night to say they’ve been hacked, no-one wants to be held at ransom – but the reality is that these things are becoming more and more common. There are supposedly around 65,000 attempts to hack SME business in the UK everyday !! Around 4500 that are successful. They are some scary stats.
When the government published the UK’s first National Cyber Security Strategy the lack of cyber skills was identified among the country’s most significant vulnerabilities
In 2020 approximately 653,000 businesses (48%) have a skills gap. That is, the people in charge of cyber security in those businesses lack the confidence to carry out basic cyber security tasks such as creating back-ups, managing admin rights, and arranging automatic software updates.
I’m stating the obvious here but in this digital age cyber security is very important.
I’m excited to be partnered with a Cyber Security company who through their innovative training platform are helping train the next generation of cyber security professionals who will keep us, and our data safe for years to come. This is an organisation led by an inspirational cyber legend – the guy talks globally at Cyber conferences and has done several cyber related TED talks!
- Be an expert – really know your stuff and make an effort to stay on top of new tooling/trends that could drive efficiency
- Challenge the status quo & drive innovation – we’re looking for someone who will challenge when they feel there is a better way!
- Uphold quality standards throughout the team through educating on the importance & benefits of good software design and development -TDD, BDD, SOLID, DRY etc
- Ensure new features are developed in a timely way without compromising on quality
- Be an example to the wider team – stay on top of new trends and tools. Be curious.
- Expert knowledge in OOPHP
- MySQL experience
- Experience in improving Improving CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in modern tooling – AWS, Docker
- Understanding of testing best practice
- Experience working with scalable, high transactional websites
- Understanding of secure coding best practice
Asides a unique opportunity to join an organisation on the cusp of great things you’ll also receive a competitive salary up to £70k, remote working, pension, private healthcare, flexi working, 28 days holiday + bank hols, team away days.
Apply now for immediate consideration