Full Stack Engineer
Salary between £40-50k
Start up opportunity in Bristol (Hybrid working – very flexible)
Are you a passionate full stack software engineer looking for a new role within the Bristol area with skills in Java and Python?
Want to be part of building an amazing product that is doing good in the world?
This is a brand-new full stack engineer position with a start-up in Bristol who have created a cloud-hosted web application that enable customers to protect their valuables! They have just recieved a second round of investment meaning they can hire another developer – I couldn’t be more excited to be working with them exclusively to find their next hire, this is truly an amazing opportunity for someone to join a small, close-knit team who are happy and motivated bunch. You’d be working on both B2C and B2B products, helping them on their mission to become the leading brand in their marketplace.
A few things that matter to these folks:
- Diversity, innovation, and creativity ?
- Supporting their employees in progression both personally & professionally ?
- Having fun and loving what they do! ?
As a full stack engineer, you’ll be influencing and taking their product to the next level! As I mentioned, it’s a small team so as you’ll be joining them in the early days – the sky is the limit in terms of your career progression. Have the chance to use cutting edge technology such as imagine recognition and machine learning and get your hands on plenty of new emerging technologies – they don’t have anything legacy code or restrictions on what tech & frameworks can be used, so you’ll have the opportunity to make suggestions and have a big impact on the shaping of their product.
They are even in the process of building a mobile application which is being developed using React Native! This is a highly diverse role, and we’re not looking for someone that ticks every box in terms of having used every single technology in the stack, rather I’m looking for a software engineer with a real appetite and hunger to learn and work with the best technologies.
Get your hands on technologies such as Java, Python, AWS, GCP, MongoDB, REST API’s, React, React Native & more within their ever-evolving tech stack.
Day to day you’ll be:
- Developing front and backend applications with Java, Python & React/React Native
- Working on defining architecture to deliver the product portfolio
- Contributing to the entire software delivery cycle, all the way from design to ops
- Working with Cloud (AWS and GCP)
- Following and driving best engineering practises (CI/CD, TDD, pair programming)
Ideal experience/attributes we’re looking for:
- You have experience developing products in an Agile environment (using Java and/or Python)
- A positive, can-do attitude and love to work on a great product.
- Ability to work with non-relational databases
- Team player who can take initiative and stay up to date with the latest technologies
Working arrangements: Most of the time they are working remotely/hybrid, but love to meet up together in their pop up office in central Bristol which is in an office building filled with tech companies and has a great community vibe! They offer flexible working arrangements and can work around your lifestyle, ideally this person would be based within commutable distance to Bristol for when they need to grab a pen and a whiteboard together ?
Please apply and I will be in touch to discuss it further with you.