Cyber experience essential
SR2 are the talent partner for a Bristol based start-up Immersive Labs who are on a mission to change the way businesses approach cyber-awareness. Back “way back” when most companies would limit essential cyber skills to their technical teams. Nowadays, with cyber risk becoming a huge problem and businesses need to adapt and change their approach to ensure their entire workforce is cyber savvy! Immersive Labs have built an awesome platform, which consists of dynamic labs and crisis scenarios that anyone can use, it also provides metrics and data for their internal security teams. Clients already include Airbnb, KMPG, Royal Mail, and the NHS. ?
They’ve also just raised Series C Funding for $75 million which will be used to add new analytical capabilities, cyber workforce optimisation and making sure people in businesses are ready to face cyber threats. Critical to this is their data function! They are a team of 10 looking to grow to 16 in the coming weeks! This is your chance to work in a highly collaborative, no-hierarchical, and incredibly talented team!
Data is the heartbeat of their strategy, and therefore they are growing their team further! You will be joining a Lead and a Junior Data Scientist to help them deliver their strategy faster.
What’s in it for you? Well, you get to learn lots from their Lead Data Scientist, play with the latest data technology, and help shape the future of Immersive Labs. This role will help them define how they evidence customer readiness and will have a key impact into their cyber workforce optimisation roadmap. So, all in all, it is a pretty exciting role!
Your main responsibilities:
- Apply your knowledge of data science to a variety of problems like content recommendations, Outlier detection and Gap Analysis
- Develop machine learning and statistical models, with applications in customer engagement, content recommendation and optimisation
- Build end-to-end data science solutions that drive business outcomes
- Deliver cutting edge predictive analytics or NLP and text mining based solutions
- Analyse large volumes of diverse data, and derive actionable insights
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to understand challenges and propose data science, machine learning and AI solutions
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems, identify trends and opportunities
To be successful you will have:
- An inquisitive and innovative mindset with the ability to sense commercial opportunities in our data and exploit accordingly
- Experience in Cyber Security (essential)
- PhD or postgraduate degree in numerate subject such as, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering or equivalent experience
- Excellent understanding of statistical models and concepts, machine learning concepts and algorithms, knowledge of optimization techniques in statistics and machine learning, and practical linear algebra algorithms
- Practical experience applying statistical and machine learning models in a commercial setting
- Knowledge of continuous integration workflows and platforms within Data Science.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- Flexible and remote working so you can work when is best for you, includes 25 days annual leave + volunteering days, and half a day for your birthday
- Look after your family and yourself with enhanced parental leave, mindfulness groups, critical illness cover, pension, health plan and more
- Share options
- Career and learning development through the platform and our ‘Learn Anything’ fund
- Informal or formal flexible working options, e.g. flexible start and finish times, reduced hours, job share, remote working
- We’re a sociable, tight-knit team with monthly socials, sports clubs and quarterly parties. Our socials have included everything from pottery painting and paper mask making, to movie nights and escape rooms
- When you do visit, getting to the office is easy: we’re based in the centre of Bristol, just a 10 minute walk from the train station. We also offer railcard loan and cycle scheme to buy a new bike
This is a high priority role, so if you’d like to join one of the most exciting companies in the UK right now then get your CV over and we can arrange to discuss things further!! GO!