Up to £60,000 with share options and flexible working arrangements.
This is an awesome opportunity to work for a fantastic organisation based in the wonderful city of Bristol. You will be joining a completely data focussed company doing some seriously ground breaking stuff utilising data in a way it’s never been done before in this field. Exciting right?
Our client operates within the defence & security space, but their culture couldn’t be further from the stereotype often perceived within this sector. They’re a super fun and social bunch and we absolutely love partnering with them. Their product is also geared around having a positive impact as supposed to the more traditional applications of defence & security.
I am looking for a highly capable data scientist who can help in develop and grow their Bristol hub. You will need to be able to provide evidence of having worked in a similar, dynamic work environment, writing, developing, and deploying code successfully to meet complex client challenges.
- Assemble large, complex, data sets that meet the project and or client requirements from a wide variety of structured and unstructured sources.
- Develop and enhance the AI and ML capabilities of our HIVE analytics engine to exploit training and operational data in new and innovative ways.
- Build credible statistical models from data and use best practice to generate reproducible work.
- Develop new requirements-driven or opportunity-driven tools and approaches as part of or distinct from their HIVE analytics engine.
- Support work on new areas of interest as part of their R&D strategy.
- Bring an interdisciplinary focus, using techniques and knowledge from across the scientific spectrum.
- Help grow data science skills across their teams.
Apply if you have the following:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrable proficiency in large scale data mapping, migration, enrichment, profiling, logging and querying.
- A strong track record in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets using appropriate tools, e.g. Python, R, MATLAB, Apache OpenNLP, MongoDB, SQL, Kafka, Spark, NiFi, Java and C++ etc.
- Experience of Linux Administration and containerised apps (e.g. Docker).
- A track record of delivering quality projects / work within agreed timescales.
Just turn up on Monday if you have:
- PhD or be working towards a PhD in a related field.
- Experience deploying on cloud technologies.
- Development experience with NLP orientated approaches to natural language data.
- Experience writing and deploying Advanced ML and AI approaches, particularly in sports, geo terrain, or intelligence applications.
- Relevant certification (e.g. BCS in DevOps, Agile, AWS, Azure).
This is a legitimately excellent opportunity to join a fun, social team working on some seriously game changing projects. They want someone in by June if possible and are ready to move quickly for the right candidate. No dragging of feet here!