Data Engineer – Tech 4 Good
£55,000 + stocks, unlimited holiday, fully remote!
We have worked with these lot for the past 18 months and supporting a number of new hires as they have just closed significant investment.
Feedback from other candidates who have gone through the process have said it’s been the best interview they have had and well the Head of Engineering is a legend (I placed them) and so are the rest of the team!
The CEO founded the business to disrupt a $1 trillion industry, to improve the economic and environmental impacts of it. Having seen first has the impact of relevant technology this company are here to revolutionise for the greater good. I know this gets thrown around a lot on job specs but you will really be helping to create the most disruptive product that this sector has seen.
You will be working with an experienced Python Lead and also another Data expert where you will establish data engineering within the company.
You will be experienced in all aspects of data engineering from data modelling and architecture, building robust and scalable data services, to deploying machine learning models. Whilst they use Python for their application development, they are interested in candidates who can write clean code.
Your first responsibility will be to own the development and delivery of a brand-new Analytics ETL/ELT pipeline and data warehouse to power existing and new reporting, and machine learning capabilities. You will have the freedom to advise on which technologies you think will work best for the business, and you will work with the data team to embed analytics throughout our mobile and web app, as they look to embed visualisations and data insights into the product to help guide decision making.
● 2+ years of experience in a similar role
● Strong Python coding skills
● Deep understanding of the technologies you’ve worked with
● Understanding of software development lifecycle and comfortable with version
● Experience related to data engineering such as data architecture and data
● Demonstrable experience of big data technologies – batch processing, streaming,
● Knowledge of building systems using public cloud services (e.g. AWS, GCP)
Bonus points if you have:
● Experience or an interest in data visualisation
● Agile delivery experience
● Experience working with algorithms and data structures
What you get from them:
- Salary up to £55,000.
- Unlimited holiday.
- Life insurance.
- Gym subsidiary
- The hardware and software you need to do your job, you can have a mac or a windows machine, just let them know what you need.
- They are a remote first business, however some of the team get together in Bristol from time to time but this isn’t essential.
I LOVE them and hope you like the sound of this one! Please send your CV for immediate consideration. Thanks