Software Engineer- Backend – Fully Remote
Up to £85,000 + equity
Join a growing business on it’s way to becoming the ‘Netflix’ of staycations and last minute trips!
This team of passionate humans are on a mission to encourage holiday-makers to live more spontaneously with their smart booking platform. The app does all the thinking for you by providing personalised recommendations, deals and destination suggestions, and it’s just gone live!
As the business expands, they are looking for a Software Engineer, to own the backend function and be part of the core team building a rapidly growing, world-scale business with technology at its core.
They secured a pre-seed investment which is enabling them to grow their U.K. staycation property listings from 4,000 to 80,000 by the end of 2021. They are also launching in Europe, and a further 200,000 properties in the US. So big things ahead!
This will be a super hands on role, working on all aspects of code, so they are looking for a bit of a generalist. This person will be part of the core team building a rapidly growing, world-scale business with technology at its core. As they are a startup, no 2 days will be the same and it will be very fast paced, and you will need to wear multiple hats!
Their tech stack:
- Google Cloud Platform (Leveraging many of the GCP tools)
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- js backend (TypeScript) with Nestjs
- GraphQL API layer
- Angular 11+
- Flutter (iOS & Android)
They use Node.Js with typescript and GraphQL but are also open to people with a background in other languages. Their platform is built on GCP but similarly open to anyone experience in AWS or Azure too!
They aren’t looking for someone who ticks all the boxes, but more someone who is a bit of an all-rounder, passionate and willing to pick up new tech, oh and generally just a good human
Experience you’ll need:
- 5 years experience as a Backend Software Engineer
- Experience with Cloud based technologies such as GCP AWS or Azure
- Experience of working within a small, fast paced/startup environment
- Excellent experience of deploying systems
- A ‘can do attitude’ and ambition as well as great technical skills
- Experience with either Typescript, Java, .Net, Go, or similar, with a willingness to pickup Typescript
- A strong passion for the latest technologies
They are London based, but happy to discuss hybrid and flexible remote working opportunities 🙂 paying between £60,000 and £80,000 DOE.
If you are ready to join a fantastic business who will look after you, get you to strive to achieve your best, and have fun along the way, then please apply and I will be in touch!