Backend Developer – Tech 4 Good startup
£60,000 – £85,000 + equity
Don’t you love the buzz of deciding to book a last minute trip, but then hate the massive anti climax when you go to book and find that everything is full? Well fear not, this platform is here to solve that problem, and now things are starting to open up again, there couldn’t be a better time to join!
This business was born after 2 friends quite their jobs and came together to build a product where last minute trips at good prices were easier and more accessible for everyone! Their mission is to empower people to go out and live a fun, free and fulfilled life, and to improve the way that we travel!
I know what you’re thinking, travel business during lockdown, are you crazy?! But we will travel again- travel is a basic human need which is never going to go away, whether its local travel to the next city, or to the other side of the world (once we’re allowed to).
This lovely business are small, there’s only 8 of them, and they are looking for a 9th member of the family to join, and this person is going to be a Back End Engineer!
This will be a super hands on role, working on all aspects of code, so they are looking for a bit of a generalist. This person will be part of the core team building a rapidly growing, world-scale business with technology at its core. As they are a startup, no 2 days will be the same and it will be very fast paced, and you will need to wear multiple hats!
Their tech stack:
- Google Cloud Platform (Leveraging many of the GCP tools)
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch
- js backend (TypeScript) with Nestjs
- GraphQL API layer
- Angular 11+
- Flutter (iOS & Android)
Now you don’t need to carry all of this technical experience! They are very open to other cloud technologies like AWS/Azure, what is really important is a willingness to learn.
As you can see they use Typescript, but if you have exposure to .Net, Go or Java, you should be able to pick this up pretty easily.
Experience you’ll need:
- 5 years experience as a Backend Software Engineer
- Experience with Cloud based technologies such as GCP AWS or Azure
- Experience of working within a small, fast paced/startup environment
- Excellent experience of deploying systems
- A ‘can do attitude’ and ambition as well as great technical skills
- Experience with either Typescript, Java, .Net, Go, or similar tech, with a willingness to pickup Typescript
- A strong passion for the lastest technologies
- A generally good human, with a sense of humour!
They are London based, but happy to discuss hybrid and flexible remote working opportunities 🙂
If you are ready to join a fantastic business who will look after you, get you to strive to achieve your best, and have fun along the way, then please apply and I will be in touch!