Agile Delivery Lead
Remote or Bristol
£65,000 – £70,000
We have worked with this company for almost 4 years and have built one of the best software teams, which we’re once in Bristol. They are a software engineering and data science consultancy who support pioneering organisations deliver new products and services that rely on data and data science.
The business has been going for 10 successful years and we have helped them grow to 40 Python Developers, data scientist and engineers who have been busy building a first of its kind software product in the emerging space of Genomic Medicine. The majority of the team were based in Bristol, however due to covid moved to a remote first business and that’s the plan for the future, however they are planning on getting together once a month sometime soon.
They are currently building their own product and taking it out to market very soon. Due to growth and success of the last 12 months they are looking for a Delivery lead to join them to lead interesting and varied initiatives.
You’ll be responsible for leading and developing a high-performing software engineering team; ensuring client satisfaction with the quality of the product delivered by your team and the service experienced; personally, leading the overall project / workstream delivery and managing the agile ceremonies.
What does the role involve?
- Client Engagement: Build productive relationships with your key partners at the client.
- Decision Making: Making timely and accurate decisions to unblock team and push project forward, utilising lead/senior engineer’s expertise where needed on technical issues.
- Management: Providing team with instructions on why, how, what, when and where; supporting in an effective manner, maintaining clarity and oversight of priorities for team.
- Forecasting, planning and reporting: Use of judgement acquired from previous knowledge and experience to look ahead, foresee possible and probable outcomes, and to plan for them.
- Organisation: Run project routines as agreed with the client, for example sprint ceremonies etc.
- Co-ordinate: Encourage the team to co-operate and work together.
- Control: Ensure time and money is used effectively, checking the product is of the right standard (that it meets the customer’s needs and is of the right quality
- Innovate: Suggest and drive forwards the delivery of improvements to the methods by which your team and the company does business, to deliver at reduced cost, better quality, with greater team satisfaction.
What they think you will need (Skills, Experience and Behaviours)
- ?Ability to both operate at an overall project level and run the day-to-day agile ceremonies and routines
- Proven client and project management experience. Ability to lead successful initiatives, following agreed project delivery methodology (e.g. Agile or Waterfall)
- Proven experience in leading, coaching and mentoring, and building driven and high performing technical teams
- Experience of delivering scalable and performance systems
- Experience in software architecture patterns, database optimisations, infrastructure, scalability and deployment.
- A broad understanding of the software development lifecycle
They are a brilliant team, full of lovely people, super collaborative and down to earth – we love them!
Salary £65,000 – £70,000
25 days holiday plus bank holidays
They are also building a flexible benefit offering, that will enable you to choose from a range of options including, Private Health, Employer Pension AVCs, Nursery Vouchers, Additional Holiday, Perk box, gym and yoga membership etc.
They have built a brilliant diverse team and value diversity and foster inclusive environment. They are committed to equal employment opportunity and want to ensure that their recruitment process is accessible to everyone.