Senior Software Engineer
Remote / Bristol HQ
Up to £65,000
We are lucky enough to be exclusively supporting a Bristol-based Tech for Good client, Neighbourly to recruit a Senior Software Engineer to join them at a time of rapid growth.
Neighbourly is a multi-award-winning community investment platform that helps companies make a positive measurable impact in their communities, by putting “local impact” at the heart of responsible business.
They are uniquely positioned to grow sustainable community investment working as a two-sided marketplace that connects corporate partners with thousands of vetted local good causes, facilitating the donation of surplus products (e.g. food), employee volunteering programmes and provision of financial support (e.g. grants), all in one place.
Their technology helps drive operational efficiency, promote employee engagement and foster wellbeing by providing data and insights that help businesses achieve their CSR and ESG (environmental, social, governance) objectives.
They are a founding member of the UK B-Corp movement and they’re also proud to announce that they have been awarded the 2022 Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the Innovation category.
Reporting into the Head of Tech and being part of an existing remote team, you will work well with others to help realise the Neighbourly vision through expanding our intuitive, secure and engaging site, ensuring flexibility, software scalability, and ease of use for our customers.
You’ll help Neighbourly.com grow its feature set by using your skills to improve and build on our current tech stack from SQL Server and Entity Framework Core up to ASP.NET Web API and VueJS. You’ll also be involved in utilising .Net Core and the Azure product set for future products.
- Extensive knowledge and skill in C# and .NET. You are exceptionally productive and adept at shipping high quality, well-tested code in a fast paced environment.
- Full-stack experience with any major server-side stack, relational database, and modern front-end (JS, HTML, CSS).
- Strong practitioner of Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP, or Kanban. You’ve practised Agile and you understand it’s benefits and drawbacks.
- A track record of leading and mentoring others. You are eager to teach others and invested in the growth of your team and the company.
- You love to analyse and solve problems using technology.
- Self-motivating and self-directing. You thrive in an environment that grants you a lot of autonomy to explore creative solutions.
Nice to haves:
- A deep knowledge into the inner workings of MS SQL Server, such as query optimisation, indexes and OLAP.
- Experience with an ORM ideally Entity Framework Core.
- Experience with working with MongoDB.
- Professional experience with Azure, especially Azure Service Bus
- Building and shipping websites in VueJS and/or KnockoutJS
- Certification in one or more agile methodologies.
Some of their benefits:
- Unlimited volunteering days
- Your Birthday is an extra holiday
- Cycle Scheme
- Enhanced maternity, adoption and paternity pay
- Eye care
- Pension scheme from day 1
- Bippit Financial wellbeing platform
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Plant a tree For every new person that begins working with Neighbourly, they commit to planting a tree upon them joining
- Recommend a friend – £500 upon successful completion of their probationary period
Inclusion and equality
At Neighbourly, equal opportunity runs through every aspect of the business. They are creating an environment where a diverse mix of talented people want to work, do their best and share in their journey for the long term. They’re building a team that represents a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, as they believe that the more inclusive they are, the better and more innovative their work will be. They strive to be a workplace where everyone feels empowered and can be their authentic selves.