Senior PHP Developer | £55-60k | B Corp | Hybrid in Surrey
Imagine working for a company that meets the very highest of standards in terms of their ethics, how much they contribute to society and how they treat both their customers & employees? Well, that’s what you can expect from a B Corp and that is a club that my client is a member of.
They’re a household name in the retail space and have adapted their business model over time to keep up with the latest market trends & customer habits, and they continue to employ this approach in every facet of the business – they don’t stand still .
I think it’s hard to put across what you can expect from working with a B Corp business if it’s not something you have come across before, but in this example, it’s a tight-knit tech team that care about what they do, how they do it and how it impacts the end user. That’s the reason why they have a hybrid model; as tech is a relatively small portion of the business in comparison to a giant tech firm, and it’s important that members of the tech team get good collaboration time with all departments of the business. So they all go into the office on the Thursday of each week.
From a day-to-day perspective you can expect to be maintaining the existing codebase, doing some refactoring, developing some new features, and the real interesting bit – they are considering developing new systems in Golang & React moving forwards, so there will be support available to develop Golang skills if this is something that might interest you?
They’re looking for people who have;
- Excellent expertise with PHP, and experience with either Laravel or Symfony
- Experience with frontend frameworks such as React or Vue would be a benefit, but isn’t essential
- Strong MySQL experience
- Some knowledge of AWS and other Dev Ops tools A passion for technology
- The ability to work in a small team and get involved in big picture aspects of development, such as architectural input, suggestions on the tech stack moving forwards and an appreciation for the commercial impact of software development
- A passion for working in a collaborative team and enjoyment out of the occasional day in the office
- Some experience with Golang would be great, but is not essential by any means
What you’ll get in return;
- Become part of a B Corp!
- Join an amazing team with lots of collaboration and team events
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Volunteering days
- Development budget & resources
- Opportunity to attend meetups & conferences
- Lots of opportunity to contribute to the direction of projects and development of the tech stack
To find out more, click the apply button below!