Engineering Manager – Integration
Remote / London (1 day per week in the office)
Up to £120,000 (DOE)
I am excited to be exclusively partnering with an industry leading tech company, who are combining scientific simulations with cutting-edge gaming technology to transform decision making and planning in highly uncertain, rapidly evolving, complex environments.
The Integration team works to reduce friction, as well as to provide a framework for future projects, and extending the functionality that can be provided. The immediate work is in the Unreal Engine and VBS space, but future work will see an ever-widening range of components that can be utilised. They do this with a range of solutions – modifying existing code, building plug-ins, or standalone tools. They pay attention to how our customers are utilising these components to learn from this and evolve our capabilities
As the manager of the Core Integration team you will build and grow a team of successful engineers to streamline the interconnection between components within the platform space. You will work with our distributed computing technology to achieve superior scale, existing engines such as Unreal or VBS, and a range of additional services, applications, and content that facilitate the creation of synthetic environments.
- You will help build and manage an engineering team of roughly 8 engineers (with the future potential for additional growth and potential subdivision).
- You mentor and grow your engineers both technically and career wise.
- You will facilitate good engineering practices to create a mature and predictable cycle of high-quality delivery.
- You will prioritise and direct tasking to maximise the strategic impact of the work being done.
- You will utilise your understanding of engine integration to guide your team to effective solutions that are easy to use for customers but provide significant flexibility.
- You will use your strong communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external teams.
- Your troubleshooting and debugging skills will allow you to unravel complicated customer problems and negotiate dependencies.
What they are looking for:
- You have a proven track record of building high functioning teams, recognizing that you are an enabler for others to be successful.
- You come from a deep engineering background, with many years of hands-on coding to understand the potentials and challenges of the tasks ahead. This is not a hands-on coding role, but this experience will give you the insight to steer good decision-making.
- You’ve spent significant time working with Unreal Engine or VBS3/4
- You have an understanding of network communication and how various architectures approach the complexities therein.
- You are comfortable making estimates, refining them, and providing good communication about the challenges and successes of your team as it proceeds.
With an excellent benefits package, career progression, and training and development opportunities, this is a truly exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineering Manager looking for a new challenge.